Monday, October 27, 2014

Reflection Friday, October 24th ( but it's really Monday!)

Sorry for a late Friday reflection, I as the teacher, was super busy this week!  A new style report card for the first 9 weeks of Kindergarten about did me in...not gonna lie! Plus with planning my wedding....yes, you read correctly, my wedding, didn't make focusing on work any easier.  Don't worry! We still had lots of learning and fun...with even more fun planned for next week (The Candy Corn Bandit is coming....shhhhh).

Here's a great Math center I recently purchased.  Finding pictures, counting and graphing...kinda like an I-spy type activity.












Very cool.  We also played a new counting game called, "Where's my jack-o-lantern's teeth?".  



But after we played this game, the students were responsible for recording their results as well as from a game we played last week. 

We also were faced with a new challenge last week...INSIDE RECESS...yuck!  Not being able to get outside is one of the hardest parts of our day.  Here's some of our choices of things to do during this time:





And of course on Fridays, we have our DW3 time, which everyone loves.  I had to laugh,  most of the class decided to play school!  Really? School?  And they were choosing to write!  Of course when I want students to write, doesn't happen as I would like,  but if I give the class the option to do whatever they want, they choose writing...go figure??!!




And yes, as I mentioned before, I am getting married this Saturday.  When I return on Wednesday, November 5th, I'll officially be Mrs. Boudreaux (pronounced boo-drow...as in grow).  After being Miss Murphy for 17 years, I have mixed feelings about this name change!  We'll see how it goes....












No comments:

Post a Comment